You will learn...
• the history of cupping therapy, and its uses through the ages, and the contemporary model of cupping
• the evidence of why cupping works
• discussion of cupping marks, and what they mean
• indications and contraindications for cupping
• safety, cleaning and disinfection, and proper use of cupping vessels based on World Health Organization standards (also CMTO and CTCMPAO standards of practice)
• how to use both plastic and silicone cups
• learn 12 kinds of cupping
• stationary and moving cupping
You will learn...
• touching on concepts from Traditional Chinese Medicine, related to cupping reactions, related to the suitability of specific cupping techniques
• when to use which techniques and why
• facial cupping
• treating muscle and tendon issues
We will learn cupping techniques for common conditions, and how to create individualized treatment plans for each client as opposed to 'one size fits all' protocols.
You will learn how to perform dynamic cupping techniques using joint mobilizations, as well as cup mobilizations to save your hands and your body and let the cups do the work.
Included in the course tuition is a course manual, and a set of 6 silicone cups - body cups and 2 facial cups.
- a set of 6 silicone cups (4 contour body cups, and 2 facial cups)
- Our 70 page course manual, chock full of information and research on cupping therapy
- Private Facebook Group (The Cupping Project) access upon course completion, where course videos and all teaching materials are available, as well as ongoing teaching.
Barb Jay has a love for learning and a passion for educating Manual Therapists from all walks of life. Barb has been educating massage therapists for the past 19 years and it is evident in her knowledge and delivery of the material. Barb’s passion for all things related to education, massage and healing comes through in her teaching.
This class opened in San Diego in 2017 and I jumped at the chance to enroll. I learned so much. I was having back pain that weekend. Lisa placed a couple silicone cups around my scapula and ran another one along my back. She did a little ROM work with my arm and when she was done…the pain was gone, I DO NOT KID YOU! I could breathe EASIER and move PAIN FREE. I was hooked from then on.
Tanya Mendoza, a massage therapist for 21 years, she began working with The Cupping Revolution two years ago to bring classes to Hawaii since there is a lack of good continuing education courses here, and cupping is such a powerful tool. Now Tanya educates other massage therapists about how to prolong their careers and grow their practice with cupping therapy.
© 2020, Meridian Care Center